Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happiness Eludes Us.. But we WILL find it!

Once again we are faced with "things not going the way we expected" and "picking up the pieces of heartbreak". Still trying to figure out why our family can't "catch a break". George posted the other day on Facebook " Headed to Target to get a bag of Kit Kat's... apparently it is the only way I can get a break"... and what do I do, awesome as I am, I go to the store and get a bag of Kit Kats as a joke and I inadvertently grabbed the bag of Mini's which come as singles...so George couldn't even "get a break" from his Kit Kats. I know, I know, where is she going with this? Is there a point! Well today is September 6, 8 months since our little Bryce "earned his angel wings" and I had a miscarriage this morning. Yup, another "Angel in Heaven". We have known for a few days that this was coming, but I never expected it to be ON THE 6th! Really!!!! I mean REALLY!!!

Without getting graphic, I was concerned on Friday so my OB Dr did some blood work and sent me home, said just to relax, don't stress, drink a lot and don't worry about it. Well on Saturday things started getting worse so I called the On-Call OB Dr who was AWESOME. I told him what was going on and asked if I should go to the ER. He said he didn't want me paying ridiculous ER prices because it was Saturday and I had no other options. He then told me to meet him at his office in 2 hours. So 2 hours later he met George and I in his office and did a sonogram where it showed that I had what appeared to be Blighted Ovum (Empty Gestational Sac), meaning all the signs of pregnancy but there was no baby in the sac. The Dr said that 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and the chances are higher the older you are, so since I have had 2 healthy pregnancies and I am 36 years old, the odds were there that this would be a miscarriage but it doesn't mean that if we try again it would be the same! So I was sent home with pain medication and told that being 8 weeks pregnant my body would process the miscarriage itself and I shouldn't need medical intervention. Well this morning, 8 months after losing Bryce, we have another Angel in Heaven!

Where does that leave us... For those of you that have followed our journey with Bryce you know that we are fighters, we don't give up that easily and we are advocates for our cause. So we are heartbroken we are grieving, we will always wonder what if, always wonder would it have been a boy or girl, always thinking WHY are we being given so many obstacles in our lives! BUT we will get up, we will brush off the dirt, we will try again and like everything else we have been through we will survive!

My question is "a name" hmmmm... has to be something that is not gender specific... If you have not read "Heaven Is For Real" you must read it. There is a part in it where the little boy, Colton, says he met "his sister" and his mom starts to cry, as "his sister" was a miscarriage, when she asked Colton what her name was he said "she doesn't have one, you never named her"....


"An Angel in the book of life wrote down our babies birth, and whispered as she close the book....."Too beautiful for earth." ~ Author Uknown

7 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I am so sorry, but trust that this sweet angel is with their brother Bryce. I'm positive he will take awesome care of his brother/sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy i'm so sorry to hear that, I know what you mean about the not catching a beak part. It always seems like life wants to knock you down right when you finally get on your feet... If you need anything let us know, sending tons of love & hugs yalls way...

    Felicia, Stevie & the boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be in the minority but I have a hard time with the whole more than you can handle idea. I think it's crap. I'm so sorry for yet another loss in your life. Today is your 8 months, tomorrow my 18months. Still sucks as bad as it did before. UGH!
    Always with Hope in my heart,
    DEB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry Amy. Extra prayers tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - we are so sorry. if you need anything please give us a call. *hugs* - Faith and Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I guess Bryce is still looking for the perfect addition to the family. Lots of *hugs* for everyone and an extra prayer for you guys tonight. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very sorry to hear that... I know exactly how it feels. Bryce and little angel are together now and both of them will be more so watching over you. I lost mine at 8 weeks and unexpectedly got pregnant again soon thereafter. I now have Benzi and many times think that I love my little angel, but Benzi wouldn't be here if that hadn't happened...

    Please continue to smile and be happy, and kiss that gorgeous Wade often!! Sending love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete