Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sending Hugs to "the Angel Playground in the Sky"... Love you Bryce


Words can not describe how I feel right now. I grew up in Pinellas County and moved to Orlando when I was 19... so Yes, I fell prey to the Casey Anthony Trial. I have followed this since the day they reported Caylee missing. All I have to say right now is I MISS YOU SO MUCH BRYCE. Mommy loves you more than I can ever express. I would give anything in this world to hug you and love on you. I miss you more every single day that goes by. My heart is forever broken that you are not here with us. It is appalling to me to watch a mother day in and day out show no emotion that their child has died, it makes me angry and mad to see her partying and out living it up while her child is gone, "supposedly missing". Not a day of my life will go by that I will not have a broken heart, not a day will go by that I don't think of what we lost, not a day will go by that I will not think "Bryce would love this".

My thoughts on the verdict: I believe Casey is guilty, I believe she accidentally killed her daughter, I believe she is a whack job and a liar... BUT we need to remember that our society is based on innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not Guilty based on the information provided does not mean Innocent, it means reasonable doubt! Not Guilty does NOT mean Innocent... The family is destroyed, the stigma will remain forever and someday she will have to answer to Caylee... What makes me MAD is that there was a case in MA in April where a CANCER MOMMA was convicted of attempted murder, child endangerment and assault and battery for withholding Chemo from her autistic cancer-stricken son. REALLY, a mother who's son has relapsed makes the decision to NOT continue with chemo is convicted of his murder... Are you kidding me... Have you ever witnessed cancer treatment, have you ever seen what these kids (or anyone for that matter) go through. A mother loving her son and giving the ultimate sacrifice to stop treatment is convicted of attempted murder... but Casey Anthony gets to live the rest of her life free of responsibility.

These are my opinions and I know that everyone has their own thoughts about this case as it was so Highly publicized. But let's remember that she is really the only one that knows what really happened. She is the one that will have to answer to Caylee someday as I am sure that God will place her in her path first. No mother would allow their child to go missing for 31 days without telling anyone, this is my biggest hang up... but a jury of her peers has decided that she is not guilty, it is what makes the USA different from other countries and we need to respect that.

I will now go back to actively helping, advocating, supporting and loving my Cancer families. I will now turn off CNN and remember the 46 families that are getting the heartbreaking news that their children will be embarking on the battle of a lifetime... that families will be saying tearful goodbyes to their precious angels today, tomorrow and everyday until we find a CURE. Sending LOVE, HOPE and PEACE!

Just one last note... THIS is a memorial tattoo... It does not talk about "The Beautiful Life" it reminds me EVERY DAY that MY son is an angel at the hands of Childhood Cancer and it gives me strength to continue on my mission to find a cure for the Children still battling the beast!




When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. ~Norm Crosby




No comments:

Post a Comment