Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One little "Spark" of Aggravation! Shoo little black rain cloud Shoo!

This is going to be a little off my "normal" topic but it's really bugging me today!!!!

Have you ever met someone so miserable you just wonder how life could possibly be for them... I mean real "life" outside of the little piece of their world that you are a part of? Do you know anyone that you can say "Wow are they EVER happy?" I am trying really really hard to understand where such hollowness comes from. I mean we have been through A LOT, things people could never imagine, we have seen things that no one should ever have to see... we have watched our son die and still we try and find the good in every moment, the sunshine in every cloud. I try and make people around me smile and laugh. What is the story behind this persons persistent scowl.

There is someone that is in my "everyday life" that I see on a regular basis (some of you know who this is) that just never seems to have a happy moment EVER. Every thing is miserable, no one that encounters "him" could ever do right by "him",the world could never be right by "him". I do not know the story, I do not know where the misery comes from, I can not even fathom being so down ALL the time, never a smile, barely a laugh... This person is not someone directly embedded in my life as I will NOT allow people like this to surround me.... it's just in the situation I have no choice but to associate with "him".

It's sad really to think one person could ruin the day for so many, that one persons attitude can make you feel weak, useless, small and incompetent. It's sad to think that people would actually allow someone to dictate their mood, but what's even sadder is that this person will never truly know the beauty of life, of love, of friendships. Why people would choose to live that way I will never understand. What I do understand though is that I can not be upset with this person because he is the one that is losing, he is the one that is missing out... I will not let him determine MY mood!

I guess what I wanted to say today is that you have the ability to make or break other people's day. A simple smile, a Hello, Holding the door open, a compliment.... we all have our own demons, our own issues, our own past... try and remember that no matter what you are going through the person you are walking past, talking to or working next to has their own issues too and while it may not be as monumental as yours, it might feel monumental to them...



"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
~Herm Albright, quoted in Reader's Digest, June 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment